Here’s a CMS list that’s worth revealing. I tried an absolute ton of content management systems (CMS) in the search of my favorite.
I wanted something that meets this criteria:
- Something that looks nice
- Organized back end
- Easy to use and administer
- No scripting or customizing for basic features
- Easily “SEOable” out of the box
- Something that has a lot of plugins, extensions, and more that's easy to install and run
- Something regularly patched, updated, and had new features released
I probably installed and evaluated over 30 different CMSs. As you can see from the list below, there were several others that didn’t make the cut.
Get Simple was definitely in my top 3 for favorites but it required too much manual work. I knew one day I would need to stop being a web developer and designer and spend more emphasis on creating and promoting content.
Wolf CMS (link removed)
Currently down as
failed: SQLSTATE[HY000]  Can't connect to local MySQL server through
socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
There may have been unresolved security issues with this CMS. I’m leaving this entry here as a warning.
DO NOT RUN OUT OF DATE CMSs IN PRODUCTION!
I may include a quick tour and pros and cons of each in the future. Feel free to comment below on which ones you like.